Winner announced May 6 For more information, visit www.istafrica.com/motto
Did you know that IST does not have a school motto? It might seem odd for a school that is almost 50 years old to not have a motto, but it’s true and we’d like to change that.
We are launching a school-wide contest to find a motto that reflects IST’s vision and values.
What is a motto? A motto is a short, inspirational saying that reminds us to do the right thing.
Why is a motto important? A motto is important because it provides a source of motivation, identity, and inspiration. It is a reminder of our vision and values.
At IST, we value KNOWLEDGE, THINKING, COMMUNICATION, PRINCIPLES, OPEN-MINDEDNESS, CARE, RISK-TAKING, BALANCE, INQUIRY, AND REFLECTION.
Sample International School Mottos
- IS Kenya Empowering students to create solutions to tomorrow’s challenge
- Western Academy of Beijing Education for the 21st century
- Hong Kong IS Dedicating our minds to inquiry, our hearts to compassion and our lives to service and global understanding
- AS of Doha A dynamic learning community committed to student success.
- AIS Guangzhou Nurturing Students to Aspire and Achieve
- Agakhan Academics Excellence in Education
- IS Brussels Everyone included Everyone challenged Everyone successful
- Singapore IS Success Inspires Success
- Leeds IS Strive for Excellence
- Overseas School of Colombo Unity in Diversity
- IS Uganda Dedicated to Student Success
- ISM …inspiring individuals to be lifelong learners in a global community
Important Dates: March 29 – 31, 2011 – CALL FOR ENTRIES.
Students, parents, teachers, and staff submit their choice for motto along with their name, classroom (if student), or email address (if parent, faculty or staff).
If you are an:
- IST Elementary Student, please submit your entry via your homeroom teacher OR dropbox (located near the Twiga Way Board/Admissions Office) OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IST Parent, please submit your entry via the on-campus dropbox or email to email@example.com
- IST Faculty or Staff Member, please submit your entry via the on-campus dropbox or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
April 18-21, 2011 – Students vote for favourite motto through elections carried out in homeroom. Shortlist (top 10) is presented to Families, Teachers and Staff for final voting.
April 27-29, 2011 – Families, Teachers and Staff vote for their favourite motto through an online survey which is delivered by email to parents’, faculty and staff email addresses.
May 6, 2011 – Winner of the School Motto Search is announced.